[Wikipedia-l] Re: Donation History

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 00:01:19 UTC 2004

Jaap van Ganswijk a écrit:

> It seems that paying for the hardware and bandwidth
> can be done by the authors, but I don't think it should.
> The readers should pay for it, either directly or by
> having to lookat/ignore advertisements.

Copy from the main page

Wikipedia is a multilingual project to create a complete and accurate
free content encyclopedia. We started in January 2001 and are currently
working on 190094 articles in the English version. Visit the help page
and experiment in the sandbox to learn how you can edit any article
right now.

Free content is an important word. I think it precisely define the
project. With its two meanings :-)