[Wikipedia-l] Re: Donation History

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri Jan 2 06:11:58 UTC 2004

Jaap van Ganswijk <ganswijk at xs4all.nl> writes:

> What is your fundamental problem with advertising, since you
> seem to have one?

In the end, it is me and you who will have to pay for the advertisments
and they will destroy everything: first, authors like me will stop
working on contents and then article will be written to make them more
suitable to carry ads.  And the ads will distract the readers from
contents.

Of course, one can base a business or a culture of a country on an
advertising economy - some like it, some do not.  I already said good
by to TV and most of our broadcasting stations.

And look at our cities: Graffiti isn't the problem, the problem are the
ads.  Walk thru your city and try to take photograph of famous monument
- you will quickly see what I mean.

Okay, there are some cities, where public advertising isn't allowed ;)

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)