[Wikipedia-l] I don't care what Richard Stallman would say

Bjorn Lindqvist bjrn.lindqvist at telia.com
Sat Feb 21 09:48:27 UTC 2004

> Well, I don't really see it as so much of a race.  Sure, we'd like
> people to turn to us for information, but as I see it we're just going
> to so completely dominate everyone with our information that there
> really is no competition.  Already most people I know IRL turn to

How about I fork Wikipedia. And while you suckas scramble to try to
get permission from the probably dead photographer who took the Che
Guevara-face photo MY fork has more pictures than playboy. Would your
friends still prefer Wikipedia??

I want the images. Those who took the images WANT us to use them
(provided we reference them). Readers want the images. Mirrors of
Wikipedia want the images. The copyright laws are stupid. GFDL is
stupid. And the right way to get stupid laws changed is not to obey
them.

Be reasonable.

BL