[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikisource

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 10:42:04 UTC 2004

Ec wrote:
>..
>Mav has been around this Wiki World a little longer than I,
>and has gone to the expense of protecting the wikisource.org
>domain name.

Thanks Ec. And wikisource.org is currently forwarded to Wikisource's temp url.

>His willingness to be a Wikisource sysop should
>be all that is required there.

Same for Ec. The fact that both Ec and I are admins on other wikis is all the
justification needed for immediate promotion upon asking on a new, small wiki.

But I think a major bottleneck is developing at the developer level in this
area. Phase II had an interface for Admin's to promote/demote any user - I
liked that. If this were reimplemented it would save the developers a lot of
time doing this themselves and save the wikis time waiting for approved
candidates to be sysoped.

BTW, both Ec and I have been seconded now.

--Daniel Mayer (aka mav)