[Wikipedia-l] A new idea: a Wiki-based TV episode guide

Andre Engels andrewiki at freemail.nl
Mon Aug 30 11:09:21 UTC 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:58:17 -0700 (PDT) Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>--- kelvSYC <kelvsyc at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Seeing that there seems to be articles on individual episodes of
>> certain TV shows in Wikipedia that some might argue is unencyclopedic
>> (due to the fact that they contribute little other than an episode
>> summary), how about a television episode guide based on the Wiki
>> philosophy (a "Wikivision" perhaps)?
>
>Just lump small summaries together into larger, list-like articles for the
>relevant seasons. This is already done for minor fictional characters. No
>need
>for a separate project.

I disagree here. It's a matter of level. If we are talking about title plus
a one-line description of the various episodes, then I agree with you that
this is the way to go. But if we're talking about a 2 or 3 paragraph
overview for each episode, I would not want to have it in Wikipedia.

Likewise those minor characters - An overview of the various minor
characters in a book or a series is something I think would be good for
Wikipedia to have. But if someone goes and writes a whole article about one
minor character from a book (or even a major character from a minor book),
it's not what I want to see in Wikipedia.

Andre Engels