[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia RC is broken

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 01:31:03 UTC 2004

--- Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > I think we just have to divide RC into reasonably-sized parts.
>
> I think "filtering" is a more apropriate word than "division". Perhaps
> I only want to see changes in biology categories,

This can already be done by using 'Related changes' on a list of
biology-related articles. But creating and maintaining such a list is too
centralized and too hard to maintain for a wiki.

I do see that 'Related changes' somewhat works now for articles listed on
category pages. What is needed, IMO, is for user-selectable levels for that
feature such that all articles with the category Biology, for example, and all
articles that are listed as sub, sub-sub, sub-sub-sub, etc., categories of
Biology could all be displayed in a single RC for Biology-related articles.

-- mav