[Wikipedia-l] Fr.wikipedia 50.000 articles

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Sun Aug 29 22:57:52 UTC 2004

Hi Anthere!

> The french wikipedia just made it to 50 000 articles today.

Great! Congratulations to all the contributors of the French Wikipedia!
The German Wikipedia hat a big media boost at that time, I hope there will
happen something similar in France.

That's a nice story about the stubs. I think it's important for every Wiki to
have some people around from the very beginning of the project, who can tell
what the site looked like one, two or three years ago. Especially on VfD I often
see newbies complaining about stubs, and sometimes also long-time contributors
are frustrated and start complaining that things are getting worse. The truth
is: Things are getting better, from day to day. Sometimes I send people to
archive.org [1], and they can't believe what they see. :-)

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/*/de.wikipedia.com

Kurt

--
  http://leihnetzwerk.de -- Teile Bücher, Videos und CDs mit anderen!