[Wikipedia-l] Stamps, wiki and copyright

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:01:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:19:33 +0200, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the discussion Wikispecies, there were a few mentions of the possibility to
> enlarge Wikipedia with coverage on postage stamps.
>
> While some articles on famous stamps may easily find their place in an
> encyclopedia, an extensive coverage of stamps seems outside of the scope of
> Wikipedia. So I would like to know what people think about that.

I think detailed coverage of stamps, coins, bills, &c is well within
the scope of
Wikipedia; to the extent of eventually having one article per item for
items that look
significantly different from one another.  Although the list of
misprints or misstrikes
for a given stamp/coin should be listed uner a single aticle.

+sj+