[Wikipedia-l] Article - Librarian: Don't use Wikipedia as source

Peter Gervai grin at tolna.net
Thu Aug 26 09:46:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:06:56AM +0800, Andrew Lih wrote:

> I hesitate to even post this, because it's virtual flame-bait. :) But
> with all the accolades Wikipedia receives in the press, you have to
> take the knocks too.

Why, this article is pretty fair. It states only the truth:
* Wikipedia is not reviewed by the academics
* Wikipedia does not guarantee validity or accuracy
* The author of the article is dumb enough not to notice the disclaimers,
the first paragraph of the main page, and to completely missing the point
about [[what Wikipedia is]].

I see no bait. :-)

Peter