[Wikipedia-l] New Wikipedia Formation

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 01:28:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 21:22:45 -0400, James R. Johnson
<modean52 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have a question on new wikipedias.  When a new wp is started, is it simply
> a blank space, or are there a few stubs for the translators to use?  I was
> wondering, if the "100 necessary articles" were included as a basis for each
> new wikipedia, giving each a base size of at least 100 articles, and it
> would give them a head start in articles.

There's an ongoing project to provide simplified versions of the 1000
articles every Wikipedia should have. These are not imported
automatically to new wikis, but can be taken from
http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_articles_all_languages_should_have
and translated.

Angela.