[Wikipedia-l] Re: personal threats again

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 07:22:35 UTC 2004

Roozbeh Pournader a écrit:
> Recently, an anonymous user only writing on talk pages has started
> attacking me heavily on the Persian Wikipedia (and also a little on
> the English one). He has also threatened me on the Persian Wikipedia
> with "I will start a war, both here and on the English Wikipedia. I
> will also get you kicked out of the Persian Academy" and things like
> that, and has ridiculed us by saying that blocking his IP address
> won't stop him, as he is using dynamic addresses.  This is some of his
> more polite wording (in English), where he is calling me a "wild dog":
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=User_talk:Roozbeh&diff=5194299&oldid=5194027
>
> Unfortunately, there is only one other admin on the Persian Wikipedia
> besides me, I will not have access to the Internet for some time
> starting this Wednesday, and the process for electing a few new admin
> won't end until at least two weeks (and there are not so many eligible
> candidates either).
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> roozbeh

I am distressed to know that this user has started again. I think it is
very important that we take such matters very seriously, and I suggest
that you mail us again about that, so that we see what we can do that
would be acceptable to you from a personal point of view. I am not sure
what is the best way to do this toward the Academy for example.

As for the persian wikipedia itself, I recommand that you take it easy
with the election process if there is an emergency. We can very well
grant temporary sysophood to any person you think is okay (elections can
proceed in parallel in the coming weeks). To have anyone named sysop, if
you have no bureaucrat, ask any steward for emergency sysophood. I would
recommand firm blocking and immediate deletions of threats. Even if the
the ip is changing, perhaps a range block could do the deal.

However, I think your personal safety is more important than threats on
the wiki itself.

ant