[Wikipedia-l] Recent Changes Patrol

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Aug 9 06:02:48 UTC 2004

Hi.

I posted this to wikien-l, but actually I meant to post it here. So here
it is again.

I have just written a new feature which I hope will be useful to users
interested in a Recent Changes Patrol system. I wrote:

     New feature: Recent Changes Patrol. All edits and new pages are
     now highlighted on Special:Recentchanges and Special:Newpages
     until someone "marks" them as "patrolled" using a special link.
     For new pages, this link appears at the bottom of the article if
     the link in Recent Changes or New Pages is followed. For all
     other edits, this link appears only in the diff and only if the
     diff link is followed from Recent Changes. (Might need to add
     this functionality to Watchlist too; haven't done that yet.)

THIS FEATURE IS NOT YET LIVE on the real Wikipedia (or any other
project). I'm only announcing it here so that you no longer need to
discuss this topic and talk about hypothetical alternatives. Maybe
someone will put this feature live on a test server, and then you can
have a go at it.

Greetings,
Timwi