[Wikipedia-l] species directory

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Tue Aug 3 13:04:09 UTC 2004

As a fellow biologist (biochemistry, though), I think this is a great
idea. Be sure to register www.wikispecies.org ASAP, before some
domain-grabber takes it. Also, make sure all information in that
database-to-come is public domain or GFDL, so wikipedia can harvest data
and images :-)

Once you have a running server, setting up the software should be easy.
Folks at mediawiki-l will be glad to help with any secific problems that
might arise.

Magnus