[Wikipedia-l] User:Fire

Jerome Jamnicky jeronimwp at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 1 16:37:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 15:46, Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
> > Ray Saintonge wrote:

> >> Butting in to prove your ignorance are you?
> >
> > Odd that you sent this message three minutes after admitting that you
> > were wrong. Would you mind retracting that statement and apologizing
> > to Ronny, to Jerome, and to this list?
>
> Huh?
>
> There was no such admission, I merely said that I now understood what he
> did, and suggested how the situation could be better handled in the
> future.  My response to Ronny speaks for itself.  Jerome asked for it
> when he stuck his nose in.  Thre was no attack against the list.
>
> Ray

Sticking my nose in?  This is my business since I am one of the two people who
has recently been doing the username change work.  You have falsely accused
Fire of two serious offences:

1) Acquiring sysop access in an underhanded way.
2) Blocking someone for personal reasons.

Fire was following instructions and made the simple error of leaving
"Wikipedia:" out of his explanatory link.  You did not check your facts, and
you behaved as a "loose cannon" (to borrow from your vocabulary) and a "bull
in a china shop" (your vocab, again).

People are wondering if this kind of behaviour makes your net contribution to
the project negative.  If you'd like to change this, you could start by
apologising to Fire.