[Wikipedia-l] Re: New wikipedias: tpi, tp, io

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Sun Apr 4 16:18:56 UTC 2004

"Ralesk Ne'vennoyx" <ralesk at livejournal.com> schrieb:

> Which I remember stated in a document too.  Maybe what's suggested in
> the RFC (1766 and 3066 if I recall the numbers correctly), we should use
> the x primary subtag, and name it x-tp to avoid trouble (such as them
> getting a 3-letter code).  Same goes for Lojban and Ido and Klingon
> which don't seem to have codes yet either.

Those have all been assigned codes, Ido even a 2-letter code:

Ido has 3-letter code 'ido' and 2-letter code 'io' since January 2002.
Lojban has 'jbo' since Sptember 2003.
Klingon has 'tlh' since February 2004.

See http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/codechanges.html

Same site does say "Both code lists are considered open lists (i.e., it is
possible for new entries to be added to the lists)." by the way. (see
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/faq.html). What source does Brion
have to claim ISO 639-1 is not, if I may ask?

Andre Engels