[Wikipedia-l] Logo results as tallied pairwise (Condorcet)

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sun Sep 28 03:08:16 UTC 2003

As both a check on the election results, and as a demonstration of
pairwise voting, I decided to do the following:

     * Download the ballots cast in this contest
     * Run them through a program I wrote to parse them into a format
I'm used to working with (with candidate translation list I manually
created).
     * Tally the votes using the Condorcet calculator

In using this technique, the winner of this election remains the same
(1a). However, it's still interesting to see the nature of the pairwise
matchups. In particular, the race for second place was really close
(option 2c beat option 10 by five votes).  It was even closer before I
noticed I missed the international ballots (without those ballots, 10
beat 2c by a vote).

You can see the complete results here:
http://www.electorama.com/2003/wplogo-pairwise/

Rob