[Wikipedia-l] all this logo voting stuff ...

Jay Bowks jjbowks at adam.cheshire.net
Sun Sep 28 22:15:13 UTC 2003

From: "Jake Nelson" <jnelson at soncom.com>
>Let's use
> what we've got. Technical issues with it can be dealt with.

>From my point of view the idea of a sphere
with the puzzle pieces is a new twist on an
old logo. That said, it's definitely original enough.

I would hate for a square logo to be used where
every piece means a different project of Wikimedia.
This is the very implementation of the Microsoft
Office puzzle pieces.

To be done with this whole discussion, I'd be willing
for the sake of concensus in supporting the winning
sphere with the puzzle pieces. Every language Wiki
can then use the word "Wikipedia" and internationalize
it... for example the Eo "Vikipedio" or the Latin "Vicipaedia"
etc. Use the same picture and a different caption with the
motto "The Free Encyclopedia" translated into the various
languages. This would be all right... But that in a year or
even a couple of years the issue is revisited would be
something to look forward to and those who are interested
in the ongoing development of a logo can chat abou it in
the Meta Wiki. This sounds like a reason to pop a frosty
brewsky and continue with the search for new cheese.

Cheers,
Jay B.