[Wikipedia-l] logos and wikimedia

Elisabeth Bauer elian at djini.de
Sat Sep 27 16:48:12 UTC 2003

Hello,

I had too much work during the last months so I missed the logo voting.
But viewing the winning logo (and all the other candidates) one question
keeps nagging on/at me:

Did anybody care how www.wikimedia.org looks now? Wikipedia, Wikiquote,
Wiktionary, Wikibooks - all have now a totally different style logo. What
about a corporate identity? All these projects belong together in some way
- and this should show.

If there happens to be a revision of the voting process, I'd suggest
"making clean table" and create new or modify the existing logos so that
it is recognizable that all of our "Wiki"-projects are sister projects.

my 2cents,
elian

For the statistics: add me to the people who think that the new logo is a
catastrophe. Applying the concept of democracy to the sphere of arts is
the worst thing one can do.