[Wikipedia-l] New logo and further process

Richard Grevers lists at dramatic.co.nz
Fri Sep 26 19:36:21 UTC 2003

On 26 Sep 2003 18:44:00 +0200, Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> gave
utterance to the following:

> The total points are irrelevant. The logos were ranked by the average
> score, it doesn't matter at all how many people voted on each logo
> because
> the score is the sum divided by the number of voters *for that variant*.

In that case, why isn't the number of votes for each logo identical - a
requirement for average voting to work. The winner received more votes
than many other logos, meaning that others received a number of "zero"
votes, effectively pulling down their averages. I voted "1" for the winner
because I understood that to be the lowest vote allowed.

--
Richard Grevers
Between two evils always pick the one you haven't tried