[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 53

Jim Guide jimg5 at optonline.net
Fri Sep 26 14:31:29 UTC 2003

> From: Anthere <anthere6 at yahoo.com>
>
> A design will never please anyone unfortunately.
>
> But, should we shut the very numerous voices that
> scream "clutter" ? That have been screaming this for
> at least 2 weeks, and certainly before the second vote
> started (when it was quite obvious this one was an
> leader) ?
>
> What about a three voting choice rather
>
> * agree for this logo to be THE logo
> * will postpone my decision after some variants are
> made
> * want to keep my old washing power barrel ?

Yes, we should shut those voices. They were outvoted, and not by a small
margin. Sorry if this is a bit arrogant, but I just think that those who
have major problems with Puzzle Sphere wouldn't know a good logo if it came
up to them and winked while wiggling its hips. And for you graphic designers
who also hate it, well, maybe you should get into a new line of work. Puzzle
Sphere Rules! It looks so great on the Main Page-- just the right touch of
graphic interest, perfect reflection of the colored tables. It actually
manages to convey a strong sense of spherical volume in a tiny space, making
it much more interesting that the usual flat characteroid logo. I'm just
grateful taste prevailed. Now let it rest.... JDG