[Wikipedia-l] wikimedia email addresses

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 02:13:22 UTC 2003

Tarquin wrote:
>is there any word on getting these set up?

I set-up maveric149 at wikimedia.org as an email forward to maveric149 at yahoo.com
for myself back when I had access to the interface to manage that domain. If
I still did then I would setup a email forward for you and any other
wikimedian that wanted one. It works fine, BTW.

>I just added my email to the
>http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia%27s_first_press_release
>page, and it struck me that it would be convenient if press contacts
>there were of the form tarquin at wikimedia.org and so on.

I already suggested that Jimbo should use a wikimedia.org or better,
wikimediafoundation.org email address for the press release. An email forward
to his Bomis email address is all that would be needed.

I don't think having a full blown email service is in our mandate but it might
be a neat thing to give to people who donate more than a certain amount of
money per year.

@wikimediafoundation.org, however, should be reserved for current and former
officers/board members of the foundation, IMO.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)