[Wikipedia-l] Table markup

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Tue Sep 16 10:15:40 UTC 2003

Magnus wrote:
>Yes, but now substract those that are used in "standard" tables like
the
>elements tables; we want to cover these by CSS anyway, right?
>Now, substract those that can be easily done just as well by <td ...>

>Of the remaining ones (if any), which are absolutely necessary
(meaning,
>don't serve some doubtful decorative purpose;-) ?

I rather specify any option only once than on each cell.

As for doubtful decorative purpose: not quite NPOV ;)
Colour helps to bring order to complex tables, CSS classes might do the
trick, but will that be easier to apply than a <tr bgcolor=blue> ? (one
needs to look up css definitions somewhere)

----

Magnus wrote:
>I am open to suggestions! Magnus

anything goes that is not confusing
|= may be mistaken by unitiated as meaning <th>
what about |+, |@ or |# ?

Erik Zachte