[Wikipedia-l] Table markup

Peter Gervai grin at tolna.net
Mon Sep 15 16:24:17 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 05:49:36PM +0200, Ulrich Fuchs wrote:

> But, as I said, for large and complex tables that new markup will not solve
> our problems.

I think nothing would really solve editing for newbies; however the new
markup makes it easier for professional high qualified wikipedia masters :-D
to create tables, and would make it easier for newbies to EDIT these tables,
since the markup is much more simple and easy to "see".

I myself (counting myself rather on the pro side) often get lost in table
markup because of the open/close tags, because I cannot use indents (it gets
converted to <pre>), etc.

Peter