[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipede Steve

Olie ze kat duprezolivier at nordnet.fr
Wed Sep 10 01:35:16 UTC 2003

Anthere <anthere6 at yahoo.com>, l'ami(e) des kats,
avait papatté dans sa niouze :

Jai pô tout compris...on peut me rézumer la discussion ci-dessous ? :op

|| Since youre here Anthere,
|
| Yes ?
|
|| Maybe I can axe you a couple questions... I actually
|| like the idea of merging ideas and such with two
|| winning logo desigs merging to make something better,
|| but Im not sure that the way whats his name has been
|| going about it is bordering on --well being rude and
|| whatnot.
|
| Oliezekat is his name.
| We call him Kat

Its me...but I prefer to call me "Olie" :o)

|| Besides, just throwing a toony 7th place ant on a
|| winning (and shaping up) 1st place logo, only makes
|| the ant look like something we should stomp on.
|
| I see that people feel that way. But the ant escaped
| me a long time ago.
| I don't know what toony means. It is not in the
| dictionnary.
|
|| But I also like the ant as a concept animal -- for a
|| mascot probably even more than I like the Wikipede --
|| which was a clever play on the wikipedia name, but
|| doesnt necessarily mean anything internationally.  I
|| mention on the Wikipedie bio that the only reason he
|| looks cute at all is because he only has six
|| appendages instead of a hundred. In that silly sense,
|| the Wikipedia is less of a centipede than it is an
| ant
|| anyway.
|
| I like your wikipede very much. I have no problem
| finding cute a animal with 100 appendages :-) (in
| truth, it is rather about 30 I think).
| I think both could be mascot, but I also think both
| would not be great mascots, because both animals are
| insects, and insects tend not to be liked by many
| people. I know the ant is a bit scarry to some people
| (I think Angela mentionned it) and probably the
| wikipede as well. Very few insects are well perceived.
|
| I do not feel entirely favorable in truth, to a mascot
| idea. I do not need that to focus on the concept :)
| A great idea imho, is the blown dandelion fruit, used
| on our dictionnaries, representing the dispersion of
| the seeds of knowledge.
|
| Flowers carry concepts very well. Even cactii :-)
|
|| But what I really want to know --this sort of cheezy
|| way of trying to curvumvent the voting process on the
|| mascot--- Is this just a case of 'pushy French
|| attitude' ;) or am I missing something?
|
| Cheezy ? Lol.
| Our cheese are culturally different Steve.
|
| It would be best not to generalize I think.
| Unless you want me to pick up one american wikipedian
| to generalize a specific type of widely-considered
| typical american attitude.
|
| Perhaps, two people are not enough to make hasty
| generalization over a whole population. And perhaps
| also, here, only pushy people may survive and get
| somewhere.
|
| But, yeah, that is pushy :-) I agree.
|
| See the bright side of him : a strong desire of
| involvement. A willingness to strengthen communities
| ties. Enthousiam !
|
| Usually americans are the pushy ones, french more
| attentists and diplomatic. Perhaps here, the french
| are the pushy ones, and unable to be diplomatic.
| Though, on that whole matter, I think more than one
| person lost hir diplomacy.
|
| I don't like spoiling fun others are having. Users
| will choose in the end. And being neither diplomatic
| nor ambassador, it is not mine to say things :-)
|
| What would you suggest doing Steve ?
|
|| Culturally illiterate,
|| -S-
|
| So do I

I agree that logo (or variant) with Miwiki will probably closed mascot
contest...But all wikipedian are not stupid, and they understand that Miwiki is
firstly a mascot project. Let and respect final voting !!! :o|

I'm  unhappy that some persons believe (say and write) that Miwiki is only a
french project... In my pages, I just wanted to say that it is a project which
started on french wikipedia. But its not ONLY french project ! I really want to
work in according of everybody :o)

And remember you ; I send some announces (in english...sorry, I dont know
another langages) on several wikipedia (english, deutch, espagnol, italiano,
etc) on their "Village pump" to organize group-working for logo variant with
Miwiki...But deutch wikipedia (and another) deleted it less than one hour after
I wrote it :o(

...It is a great lesson of community spirit !!!! :o| But I keep hope...Espagnol,
english, and french wikipedia keep (and translate) my announce :o)

Please for everybody : stop to spend time of logos authors and disturb
us...Wikipedians will choose the best for all in the end :op
--
Olie ze kat ---------  http://www.olid.fr.st