[Wikipedia-l] Writing articles

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Tue Sep 2 17:58:46 UTC 2003

Merritt L. Perkins wrote:

>I have been thinking of trying to write some Encyclopedia articles but I
>would like to discuss them with several other people while I am preparing
>them for publication.

In the Wikipedia method, you don't talk first, you do it!

Just put whatever you have now in the encyclopaedia,
Incomplete?  Either you or another person can add it later.
Information that you don't know?  Mention it on the talk page.
Want help from another user?  Ask on their user talk page.

If you just discuss it privately, then somebody else may write it first,
and then all of your plans are for nought.  Just write what you have now.
Then write more.  And discuss it on the talk page that any editor can read.

-- Toby