[Wikipedia-l] Gaps in 1.0

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at web.de
Mon Sep 1 18:12:07 UTC 2003

As we are slowly wading through the usual swamp that is consensus ;-)
towards Mordor, eh, wikipedia release 1.0, I was wondering: Is there any
(more or less) organized effort
* to find the gape wikipedia has, compared to *other* encyclopediae, and
* to fill them
Is there a (machine-readable?) list of all entries in Britannica,
Encarta, or any other major encyclopedia?

I remember putting lots of possible encyclopedia topics on the 'pedia,
but wer'de probably past that stage anyway (had a little more than
100.000 entries, IIRC).

Magnus