[Wikipedia-l] Attrition war

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 01:13:15 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:

>>Grumble...another mailing list...grumble

>Absolutely!!!  Attrition is inevitable.

I succeeded to avoid it for at least one month, that
is not so bad.

But *they* got me. Terrible.

>>This is a very good point. I have brought it up
>>before. Really, if you move text from one page (or
>>
>>from one language version to another) as part of the
>
>>move you should analyze the text and determine who
>>
>the >five major contributors are and list them in the
>
>>summary box. How to determine who the five major
>>contributors are?  Should it be via the amount of
>>
>text >each
>
>>contributes? Or the number of ideas?  How to count
>>ideas?
>>Perhaps an alternative is to state where the page
>>comes from that way someone should be able to work
>>back and find out who made the contribution.
>>Alex756
>>

>Applying any of these criteria,  except for the five
>most recent
>contributors, can be the type of time-consuming
>process that people tend
>to avoid.

Agreed

>>AieAieAie, I think, reading comments by Alex,
Martin,
>>Ec...that it would be best that we just abandon this
>>notion of authorship.
>>
>>It would still be a good idea to always indicate the
>>origin of a content moved from another place in the
>>comment box.
>>
>Comment boxes just appeared one day without much
>discussion about how to
>use them in contrast to the article's talk page.
I've >just ignored the
>feature.

Tu me parles d'un temps, que les moins de 20 ans, ne
peuvent pas connai-tre. tididadidadaaaa,
tidadidadadaaaa

Ok, I usually forget that feature as well. I thought
it was part of the initial package. When did you
arrive Ec ?