[Wikipedia-l] Indigenous issues: Wikepedia Encyclopedia

Paul_Lorilla at pch.gc.ca Paul_Lorilla at pch.gc.ca
Tue Nov 25 19:15:48 UTC 2003

Mr. Jimmy Wales,

I hope this note finds you in good health and spirit.  I work for the
Aboriginal Affairs Branch at the Department of Canadian Heritage in the
capital region of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.   We came upon your website,
Wikipedia Encyclopedia and have found your work regarding Indigenous
languages to be very useful.

We are in the process of creating a website for our Policy and Research
Directorate and would like to use your website as a link for people to
research Aboriginal/Indigenous issues.   This is simply creating a
hyperlink under the word Wikipedia so that people can then visit and learn
from your site.   We are wondering if you would permit us to do that.

In addition, because our website is linked to the Government of Canada, it
is useful for sites to be bilingual (English and French).  Is there a
French version of the Indigenous website?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.  I can be
contacted at 819 994 2257

Paul

Paul C. Lorilla
Policy Officer / Agent de politique
Policy and Research Directorate / Direction de la politique et de la
recherche
Aboriginal Affairs Branch / Direction générale des affaires autochtones
Canadian Heritage / Patrimoine Canadien
Tel. (819) 994  2257
Fax. (819) 997 3471
paul_lorilla at pch.gc.ca