[Wikipedia-l] Re: Blocking

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 8 05:00:46 UTC 2003

Anthere wrote:
> I...please...would like some help/suggestions.
>
> I hereby annonce giving up soft security attempts with
> Papotages. I think I have tried to the latest end I
> possibly could. And now, to my shame, I decided to
> give up. Criticisms toward me trying to do this is is
> part of my decision, but today it is also clear that
> it is not efficient in the end.
>
> Now, given that : when his user name was blocked, he
> created 9 vandal user names and went on.
>
> Given that after his 10 user names were blocked, he
> went on with ips, I wonder if it is very valuable to
> try the same pattern, and to meet the same problems.
>
> So, I am asking help here, either from someone who
> would feel like doing something (in truth, I do not
> think any of the french-speaking person is interested
> in discussing with him constructively), or from
> someone who will find a technical suggestion (going as
> far as blocking half of switzerland :-)). Either way.
>
> I am done with it.

I was discussing possible measures against this guy on the IRC channel.
I came to the conclusion that the best feature to implement would be a
method for quickly rolling back page creation. Possibly, sysops could
have a column of checkboxes on RC. They would then be able to tick all
the Papotages-related edits, and roll them back in one request.

Perhaps this could be submitted to Sourceforge feature requests.

-- Tim Starling