[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] How to get the IP of a logged user ?

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Thu May 22 21:30:02 UTC 2003

>> Daniel C Boyer... you know, this "*relatively* unknown"
>> US painter. There had been a lot of discussions on en: wiki to
>> admit "him" as an article.
>
> I really don't see what your problem is. It's not like we're about
> to run out of space. There's no need to harass Boyer.
>
> Finally, wikitech-l at wikipedia.org is not the appropriate place to
> discuss trying to stalk other users.

I'm definitely with Cunc here on both counts. I don't have a
problem with anyone being both a contributer and a subject--we've
already had that case before, and it's no problem as long as the
subject understands that the article about him in the main wikipedia
space is not his personal page, and may be edited by others in ways
he doesn't like.

And yes, this is clearly not a "tech" issue, so I've moved it to
the main list.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,