[Wikipedia-l] legal threat in eo wikipedia! / legxa minaco en la eo-Vikipedio

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 07:59:20 UTC 2003

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 11:09:07PM +0100, Chuck Smith wrote:
>Rough translation: "I propose that the user
>130.192.202.25 be banned.  He has already changed
>articles which delete any kind of mention of a
>critical side in the articles on Perla Martinelli and
>Giorgio Silfer, although a neutral biography should
>present every POV.  Today, he even threated legal
>process because of a small mention of the work by
>Camacho, The Master and Martinelli, although public
>reactions against a person - the same as public
>support - are an important part of a biography.
>People who purposefully and continually threaten the
>cooperation and freedom of the Wikipedia must be
>banned."
>
>So, I need legal advice.  Jimbo, should I give
>Kricxjo's name and address to Silfer?  Should I
>temporarily remove the critique from the biography
>until the legal problem is solved?  Please reply
>ASAP... and CC: your reply to my personal address as
>well, msochuck at yahoo.com.

Just as I prophesied.  As an outsider, all I can do now is say "I told
you so."  The Wikipedia has systemic flaws that leave it vulnerable to
this sort of attack.  For easier to call the messenger an "anti-Semite"
than deal with ones own failings.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2