[Wikipedia-l] Re: New bug concerning lists

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Mon Mar 17 19:05:53 UTC 2003

Toby Bartels <toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu> writes:

> But you're probably not going to get far calling it an "error",
> when people worked hard on the programming
> to get it to specifically do just what it does.

Okay, it's not a programming bug.

> Of course, the <p> is irrelevant in HTML 4 --
> by HTML specs, they *must* be rendered the same by the browser --

As we know they do not.  Thus let's less ambiguous HTML code as
possible.

> which is why people worked on getting different CSS as well.
> (When we go to XHTML, where the initial <p> will be required,
> then presumably we'll have to rely on the CSS for everything.)

This would be a good thing -- without CSS all things are non-fancy and
thus usable ofr simple browsers and audio devices and for fancy things
the reader can choose from some CSS stylesheets.

If you don't agree with me, that's also okay :)

--
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o