[Wikipedia-l] Bias in the west and such media

Tomos at Wikipedia wiki_tomos at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:25:20 UTC 2003

Hello, Stevertigo:

I offer some reasons to think twice before you act on. But I do
not mean to be highly critical of your idea.

And the article was interesting anyway. Thanks for that.

Assuming that you are talking about English Wikipedia, I guess
you could be right about the bias. But it doesn't mean everyone
is biased like those extremests described in the aritcle. At least
I know some American-born Americans highly critical of the
said bias in mainstream mass media.

And the opponents of the extremests may be unbiased as well.

Those who are highly interested in the matter may be more likely to
have a strong POV.

Some would say "Wikipedia is not" a place to discuss politics.

And with different biases, we can perhaps still work together. At
least some of us can.
(http://www.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2003-February/001005.html)

And some would want to avoid exhausting flaming war - though those people
can just stay away from it and work on something else.