[Wikipedia-l] Wiktionary links (was: Redirection

Pedro M.V. macv at interlap.com.ar
Sun Mar 2 21:37:33 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Bowks" <jjbowks at adam.cheshire.net>
To: <wikipedia-l at wikipedia.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 4:34 PM
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Wiktionary links (was: Redirection

From: "Pedro M.V." <macv at interlap.com.ar>

>Excellent! I like it!
But there's an awful lot of complaining
in the Wiktionary that it is only an
English Wiktionary and the idea of
a multilingual Wiktionary is not so
welcomed by some.

This is upto the moment. Wiktionary will have versions in another wikipedia languages, to place definitions that are not wellcome ( this time, rightly ) in an encyclopedia.

> But as far as
I'm concerned foreign language index
pages in the English Wiktionary can
be as appendixes which can point
back to articles or entries either in
the Wiktionary or the Wikipedia,
maybe even both.

http://wiktionary.org/wiki/Wiktionary:Es_a_index

Some Encyclopedias have a tome
for quick reference and
a set for in-depth look ups.

Since,
Con saludos,
Jay B.

I think this can be a beginning, for an express ( urgent ) solution for the definition problem ( short and necessary definitions that can not be included in wikipedia, but their natural bed is a  dictionary). I.e. including [[esperanto]] in all the definitions included in the wiktionary, later one can move them quickly and automatically to an eo.wiktionary.org version.

This is for definition of Esperanto words in Esperanto.

Another important item it´s the translation of Esperanto words to English and another languages. For this your index page it´s O.K. And can be the beginning ( in test form) of the translationary ( translation diktionary).

Regards ;)