[Wikipedia-l] Please use <!--HTML comments-->

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 00:03:12 UTC 2003

--- Tom Parmenter <tompar at world.std.com> wrote:

> The html comments are kind of cute, but the talk pages are a better
> place for discussing the faults of articles.  Since there are very
> few
> articles that couldn't be expanded or don't need work, comments,
> displayed or not, don't add much.  If they are displayed, they look
> kind of amateurish.

Comments belong on talk, no question about it. But an article that
clearly points out that a certain topic should be covered but isn't
looks a lot less amateurish to me than an article that silently omits
the topic. These omission notices are important information for our
readers, most of whom come through Google and will never even discover
Talk:.

Axel