[Wikipedia-l] Announcing Wikimedia Foundation

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 19:08:00 UTC 2003

Jimmy-
> I'm pleased to announce the existence of the Wikimedia Foundation,
> Inc., a nonprofit corporation organized under the laws of Florida,
> United States.

YAHOO! Ahem, sorry, no trademark violation intended. Great to hear that
it's called "Wikimedia" - I really like the name.

I suggest not submitting this to any major news sites (*cough* Slashdot
*cough*) until easy options for donations are in place. So let's keep
quiet about this for a while, OK? I know it's hard :).

Thanks for checking up on this, Jimbo, and good luck in dealing with the
bureaucracy. Sorry for being intrusive, but sometimes it helps ;-)

All best,

Erik