[Wikipedia-l] installing wikipedia

Simon Oosterman bobo at enzyme.org.nz
Wed Jun 18 05:03:10 UTC 2003

I have recently tried to install the wikipedia software (phaseIII) onto
the server I use to host my sites. Unfortunately, I did not have much
luck, and neither did the administrator.

He beleives that you need root access to be able to install the software
which is unfortunate since I do not have a virtual gnu/linux box... as a
result, when I run install.php it stops somewhere along the line when it
tries to create a wikiadministor in the mysql db..

Any ideas or ways to get around this?

I would rather not have to use twiki instead of wikipedia phaseIII!

Is there any possibility of including access controls into wikipedia? I
would like to have some rather delicate documents collectively edited, but
I can not have people adding things to the list that would then make it
incorrect? (sensitive information...!) (-:

-- bobo