[Wikipedia-l] Major new thread: Looking for consensus on content metadata

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 00:38:00 UTC 2003

Jimmy-

all of the requirements you describe would be met nicely by my
[[Category:Foo]] scheme. :-) So far nobody has done any work implementing
it, and I won't do much coding for the next couple of months, but it seems
like a reasonable solution. I would like to add that any category system
should support hierarchies, to avoid unnecessary redundancy. E.g. when you
have [[Category:US president with a beard]], you don't need to flag the
same article with [[Category:US president]], because the former is a child
category of the latter.

Regards,

Erik