[Wikipedia-l] Re: Admins: Revert

Thomas Corell T.Corell at t-online.de
Sat Jun 14 12:29:23 UTC 2003

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Thomas Corell wrote:
>
>>And I (as sysop at de) can say: I'm usually faster with the 4 click method --
>>because reverting implies looking at the diffs, and before I start to
> Talking of diffs, what is your opinion about the current "(cur)
> (last)" links in the history display?  Is it intuitive and productive?

I have no problem with it, if I have to look at a diff I usually need the
last diff (95% I guess). And if that do not help (don't shows what i'm
looking for) I go 'down'. Comparing three version before with current
version, may be interessting, but I can't remember used it. But there are
others working diffrent than me, I'm sure about that. If there is the
possibiity, it will be used.

First impression I got about comparing Wikipedia to the new UseModWiki, was
that the radio buttons would look well in the 'cologe blue'
skin(wikipedia), the current Wikipedia (cur) model fits better in the
standart skin. Thats only a 'style' think, nothing to do with funcionality,
becouse the radio buttons look a bit more 'modern'.

> Does the current Wikipedia model (example 1, below) have any obvious
> advantages over the new UseModWiki (3)?

No realy advantages, IMHO. What I realy think about as a problem, are these
long 'lines'. I only get diffs for a complete paragraph and have to look
for an change like 'forx' -> 'for' in an paragraph with 20 lines, thats
usually stupid work.

--
Smurf

smurf at AdamAnt.mud.de