[Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] Software updates

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Mon Jun 9 23:01:36 UTC 2003

Brion Vibber <vibber at aludra.usc.edu> wrote in
news:Pine.GSO.4.33.0306091530260.15527-100000 at aludra.usc.edu:

> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Anthere wrote:
>> > Is it planned to make it available to other wikis as
>> > well ? 2 and 3 in particular
>>
>> I think my question was missed. Probably because I
>> adressed it to the wrong list.
>>
>> International people are wondering when the last
>> english features will be applied to other phase III
>> wikipedias. Is there anything we should provide you to
>> help there ?
>
> The original plan was to put all wikis onto the new server _and_ new
> software after a few days of testing of the english one. I'm not sure if
> we should be putting more pressure on larousse just yet, though... it's
> about holding steady (and right now a little under the wheather as it
> regenerates new cache files).
>
> If there's no objection, I'll go ahead and upgrade the software for the
> remaining phase 3s tonight, while leaving them on pliny.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

So long the Wikipedias works it is not important of it is on larousse or
plinty from a user point of view. It seems logical to put the Wikipedia
that gets 80% of all traffic on a different server.

I have no complaints about the working of Wikipedia NL the last weeks.

There are some .com wikipedia's waiting for a long time to be converted to
the fase III version. That is more important instead of making sure all
Wikipedia's are running the most current version.

A question from the plattdüütsche Wikipedia;
Is there a technical problem or not to make the wiki-language code "nds" to
work?

Walter Vermeir,
formaly known as Giskart

--