[Wikipedia-l] Re: [WikiEN-l] URGENT: Wikipedia is down?

Brion Vibber vibber at aludra.usc.edu
Fri Jun 6 22:58:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, Dante Alighieri wrote:
> I think Wikipedia is broken. Edits aren't going through. Someone confirm
> and alert the appropriate "authorities".

Confirmed and corrected, we are back online.

I'm afraid the /usr partition on pliny's hard drive filled up with
binary log files and the (way too verbose) mysql error report log.
Normally I clear those out every few days, but it seems I missed 'em this
week, and, well, it hit the edge for a few minutes.

I've cleared them out for now, but a more permanent solution would involve
moving stuff around on the disk to other partitions so it's not in as
much danger of filling up the vital areas with junk logs... And, of
course, automatically deleting the ones we don't need!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)