[Wikipedia-l] Picture note

Lee Daniel Crocker lee at piclab.com
Mon Jun 2 19:00:47 UTC 2003

> (Guillaume Blanchard <gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp>):
> Hi all,
> No one answer my last mail :o(
> I have many picture I want to upload to Wikipedia and I want to know if I
> must/can add a copyright notice on the picture (bottom-right corner : "Under
> GFDL") ?
> Please answer me.

I would certainly prefer that no text of any kind be added to the
picture itself, but rather placed in the description page (and
embedded into the JPG/PNG file as a comment as well if desired).
Let's not clutter the visual with unnecessary distractions; just
make it clear who created the picture and what its status is using
the non-visual means provided for that.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee at piclab.com> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,