[Wikipedia-l] Please help test new features

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Fri Jul 4 18:10:33 UTC 2003

03.07.2003 23:46:23, David Friedland <david at nohat.net> wrote:

> I am very doubtful that most would agree upon a policy that was: if an
> article has more than 3 sections, it gets a TOC, otherwise not. No
> exceptions.

> There are _always_ exceptions.

I know I'm new and all, and I probably don't have a lot of say in this,
but I agree with David here. It seems arbitrary to define such a rule
that cannot be overwritten by article authors. It would be more 'wiki'
to create a small tag that can be inserted in an article to generate a
TOC.

My 2¢,
Timwi