[Wikipedia-l] Nice article in The Guardian

Robert Graham Merkel rgmerk at mira.net
Thu Jan 30 21:49:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 12:59:25PM -0500, The Cunctator wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 09:05, Gareth Owen wrote:
> > Perusing my paper over lunch, I spotted a nice write up of the project in
> > todays Guardian.
> >
> > Highlights :
> > "perhaps one of the greatest testaments to the generosity on the web"
> > "What makes the Wikipedia so compelling - and this article so hard to finish -
> >  is the way everything is so massively linked. You read one entry, and before
> >  you know it, you're reading up on Anne Boleyn or Italian greyhounds."
> >
> Not bad for the press, even though they got the URL wrong, credited
> Sanger with the creation of Wiktionary, and utterly mangled the
> definition of WikiWiki.

Well, then.  Maybe somebody should send a letter to the editor in, and
maybe with a little luck they'll run it twice and we'll get two mentions
for the price of one :)

                                           Robert Merkel
                                          rgmerk at mira.net
"...the moral issues raised by driving a car, both from an
environmental and from a safety point of view, are much more
serious than those raised by sex" -- Peter Singer