[Wikipedia-l] The Wikipedia Foundation

Chuck Smith msochuck at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 00:53:31 UTC 2003

What is the plan for setting up The Wikipedia
Foundation?  For my volunteer work here at TEJO
(www.tejo.org), I've been researching how foundations
work and perhaps I could be of assistance in setting
one up.  Unfortunately all of my experience is dealing
with European foundations, but I hope to learn about
American ones as well.

I bet within a year of setting it up you'd get some
rich guy (or gal) who'd want to give us a million
dollars or more, which of course would pay the full
time salary for several Wikipedians in several
different language projects.  So, what are we waiting
for?

Chuck

=====
Interesting fact:  Google returns more
results for "Esperanto" than for "Catalan"
Learn Esperanto! - http://www.lernu.net/
Enciklopedio: http://eo.wikipedia.org/