[Wikipedia-l] Re: Re: Re: Censorship at meta

elian elian at gmx.li
Tue Jan 21 01:33:42 UTC 2003

Anthere <anthere5 at yahoo.com> writes:

> The test pages I did for Brion didnot lead to any
> crashes. Maybe the computer just needed to be
> restarted to feel better. Dunno. If Brion finds a idea
> for these blank lines, I could drop Mac Opera a word.
> I couldnot figure why they sometimes appeared and
> sometimes not...

To comfort you - I had the same problem with some browsers on MacOS
X. Sometimes there were white lines and I had to cancel the article,
sometimes not.
I suspect (really wild suspicion on no reasonable grounds) that somehow it
depends on what was in the article source before:
could it be that CR + LF get interpreted as two LF's while normal Unix
LF's are counted only one time?

> Meanwhile, Opera 5 is still the best in speed ! (and
> Opera 6 is a chore in slowlyness). But, tell me, how
> do YOU make it to edit the UTF 8 coded pages with your
> very old Mac ?!?

sorry, no idea. Even on MacOS 10.1.5 it was desperating to experience all
sorts of browser bugs (IE, Opera, ICab, Chimera...), I ended up with
Mozilla - at least it doesn't cut articles of more than 32k.

heretic thought: does lynx for MacOS has UTF-8 support?

greetings,
elian