[Wikipedia-l] "Go" button

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jan 7 10:53:35 UTC 2003

The "Go" button that is now visible on en.wikipedia.org is my nefarious
creation. It allows you to visit a page directly by typing its name, e.g. "Main
Page"->Go will put you directly on Main Page.

The currently active version is not the latest one. I have recently changed
the behavior of the button to try some capitalization variants, so "main
page" and "MAIN PAGE" work just as well, and to run a normal search if no direct
hit can be found. That improved version should be activated shortly.

What's the use? Well, if you have certain pages you visit frequently, or
jump back and forth a lot, this makes navigation easier. Anyone who has in the
past run a search just to visit a particular page should appreciate this
change.

Regards,

Erik