[Wikipedia-l] Re: Metric v. US

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Mon Jan 6 01:08:53 UTC 2003

On Sunday 05 January 2003 18:18, Brion Vibber wrote:
> On dim, 2003-01-05 at 12:48, Richard Grevers wrote:
> > "The cost of the damage is expected to be well over $NZ1.93M. Quite
> > clearly this has been $US1M originally, and the context makes it quite
> > clear that it would be best to write $NZ2M.
>
> As long as you don't read that rapper Eminem made his Hollywood debut in
> "12.872 Kilometer", or that the United Kingdom has elected once again to
> stay out of the Euro, sticking with the 0.454 kilogramme sterling...

I am going to put my 30 cm down (though it's actually only 21) to say that no
one who spouts such nonsense is going to be allowed in my back .91m!

BTW, I saw an ad for a 6.02e23 pole which was touted as driving away the
rodents. I didn't gopher it. 6.02e23 is not a rodent.

Anyway, the temperature is approaching 0.56 radians Fahrenheit, so I'm not
going out tonight.

phma