[Wikipedia-l] Copyright permission

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Jan 5 19:41:55 UTC 2003

In the course of verifying that two articles in Wikipedia were not
copyright violations,  I became concerned that our mechanisms for
documenting copyright permissions are not adequate.  In this case the
two anonymous contributions were the only two things by the person.  I
e-mailed the author who's works appeared to be violated, and he
acknowledged that he had himself added the questioned material to
Wikipedia.  The problem now is in how to properly document this so as to
ensure that the documentation remains safe if the matter should be
raised 10 years hence.  A simple mention in the article or on its talk
page can always be changed.

Eclecticology