[Wikipedia-l] Buying public domain books

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Wed Dec 24 17:10:15 UTC 2003

I could do this as I am always searching for books. This can cost a lot or a
little, luck has a lot to do with it. Make a list and I can start looking
then email likely purchases to Jimbo.

One we could probably use and would be worth paying a bit for would be the
Cambridge History of English and American Literature. It is up on Bartelsby
at

http://www.bartleby.com/cambridge/

Early volumes and perhaps all of the first edition of the Oxford English
dictionary too

Most of the really good public domain reference books are in the better old
libraries such as Yale and Oxford and can be viewed there and an evaluation
made.

Fred